Save the date! The 2017 CPSG Annual Meeting will be hosted by Zoo Berlin in Berlin, Germany from 12-15 October 2017.
Registration is now open: https://www.cbsg2017.org/.
This year’s meeting will focus on CPSG’s expanded role within the SSC. Jon Paul Rodriguez, SSC Chair, has asked CPSG to lead an initiative to increase the scale and effectiveness of species conservation planning. The meeting will allow the CPSG community, including our many new members and essential partners, to chart a course for tackling this challenge, and it will provide an exciting opportunity to incorporate crucial input from both the ex situ and in situ communities to address it.
The topics we anticipate being the focus of working groups are:
- Incorporating human-wildlife conflict issues into conservation planning
- Prioritizing species for conservation planning
- Global conservation key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Building species conservation planning capacity across the SSC
- Tool development-Getting the most out of the ICAP process
- Tool development-Exploring methods of multi-species planning
- Data science for the One Plan Approach: Exploring the potential of Species 360 in synergy with other biodiversity information systems to support data-driven decisions of Specialist Groups and animal managers
- New training program for the tools of the Species Conservation Toolkit Initiative
- Understanding and measuring progress towards the global target of halting extinction